MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
ALT & VS keys

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALT & VS keys
I don't remember previous versions of MSFS 2020 acting this way and not sure about other simulators. And for now, I really only fly the Caravan 208, but I kind of remember a few other planes with similar functionality.

In order to increase or decrease altitude using autopilot, you have to first select VS (vertical speed) button and then increase the VS + or -.   VS turns off and ALT is selected as it hits the target altitude.

Some sort of a toggle between ALT & VS would be handy, or preferably, 2 buttons where only 1 can be activated.  There is currently a button for ALT, but not a way to select VS.
Unfortunately, I don't see any SimConnect event for setting Vertical Speed Hold mode, so I'm not sure how I would do this. Have you tried using the button to enter a vertical speed and see if that causes the sim to enter VS hold?
Ross Carlson
FS-Keypad Developer
(08-31-2021, 04:22 AM)rcarlson Wrote: Unfortunately, I don't see any SimConnect event for setting Vertical Speed Hold mode, so I'm not sure how I would do this. Have you tried using the button to enter a vertical speed and see if that causes the sim to enter VS hold?

It doesn't.  I remember FSX did, but not MSFS 2020.  In fact, with the Caravan, you can't even enter any digits into the Autopilot V/S button until you switch from ALT hold to V/S hold.  In the TBM 930, you can enter them, but the aircraft does nothing until V/S is selected in the cockpit.  I haven't tested out any of the Jet aircraft.